December 31st is always a great day every year for everyone to reflect on the year.
Was it a good one, or tuff? New job, lost Job? New life, lost life? 2 steps forward, or 1 step back?
This is by far the most hopeful day of all the days of the year. Everyone is CERTAIN that the next 365 days are going to be better than the last! And how do we always start that off? That’s right…with “New Years Resolutions”. This is when people make one or more lasting personal goals, projects, or reforming a habit. This goal (or ‘resolution’) is to be reached by the end of the New Year.
Now, lets take a look at some of the most common New Years Resolutions (from About.com):
- Spend More Time with Family & Friends
- Fit in Fitness
- Tame the Bulge
- Quit Smoking
- Enjoy Life More
- Quit Drinking
- Get Out Of Debt
- Learn Something New
- Help Others
- Get Organized
Here at TeamCLS, we humbly admit that we probably won’t have the best “get out of debt” or “get organized” advice! haha. They kind of go hand-in-hand, and are skills that have skipped TeamCLS. 🙂
But, for the other 8 of your Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions – WE GOT YOU COVERED!
Clean. Lean. Sharp isn’t just a site…or a community…or a resource. IT’S A MENTALITY! We are strong advocates of healthy living that goes beyond diet and exercise – and touches on faith, clean living, and a intense desire to help others with needs of all kinds!
But what is the other thing that we commonly know about New Year’s Resolutions? That’s right: they never last!
That’s why today is the Most Hopeful Day Of The Year! We throw up all these hopes and plans…but we seldom follow through with them, and rarely actually complete them.
LETS CHANGE THAT TODAY!
Resolve to complete your goals!
If it has anything to do with health, diet or exercise – let us know and we will walk you through a program to actually MEET YOUR GOALS!
If it is to try to learn something new -we will help you with ideas (and in fact, encourage Jiu Jitsu—and there’s a reason for that…When TeamCLS finds something INCREDIBLE, we can’t wait to share it with others….and Jiu Jitsu is indeed that GREAT!).
Want to resolve to be more involved with your community, or struggling communities world wide? Team CLS has a great list of resources and can help connect you with trips to take to countries like Ethiopia and Haiti! In the meantime, we are also involved in organizing help-opportunities locally as well! We WILL help you meet and BEAT your goals on this!
Today, I am resolving to do many things:
1. Get Healthy:
- Get in better shape, including trimming body fat % (starting a 60 Day Paleo Challenge on 1/1/2012….I invite you to join me!)
- Begin Strength Training
- Become a coach to at least 10 people for 2012 to take the Paleo Challenge and have success!
2. Get Physical:
- Compete at least 6-8 times in the year, in route to BJJ Purple Belt
- Introduce Jiu Jitsu to 40 new people at Gentry’s MMA & Fitness and have 1/2 of them on path to be promoted!
- Continue the Jiu Jitsu growth of my daughters & introduce my oldest (5 years) to a Jiu Jitsu class at Gentry’s MMA.
3. Get Active:
- Strengthen my relationship with my kids & wife and dedicate to them to become a better husband and father – and leader of our family, under God!
- Organize at least 5 more 12.26 Projects
- Organize movement in Ethiopia for gym and orphanage efforts
- Have book near completion and ready to be published (you can help me on this one!)