1 1/2 lbs Grass Fed Ground Beef
about 22 pieces of Uncured Bacon
1 Green Pepper
1/2 Garlic head
Beef/Steak rub (optional for seasoning…for more ‘paleo’, stick only with Paleo-friendly seasons)
BBQ Sauce (Optional…and, for more ‘paleo’, stick with making your own BBQ Sauce with only Paleo ingredients)
1. Get your 1 1/2 lbs Grass Fed Ground Beef into a flat rectangle
2. Rub in your Beef/Steak rub as desired.
3. Top the Beef with your choice of additives (be creative here, depending on the flavors you prefer) – we chose to add: Green Peppers, Jalapeno Peppers, Onions, Garlic and a coupe cut up pieces of Bacon
Be sure it isn’t too overloaded with ‘filling’ so that you can still get your “roll”. Also – fill, leaving border around so that you don’t have spillage.
4. Separately, Time to work on your Bacon-Weave! Strategy for getting this is quite simple actually:
- First, please all bacon going 1 direction, horizontal
- Then, lay the first virticle strip right down the middle, ontop all horizontal layers
- Then, bend every OTHER horizontal bacon strip over the vertical strip
- Lay down the second vertical strip
- Switch out the horizontal strips that you bent (put them back straight) and then bend the other strips.
- Lay down third vertical strip
- Repeat until finished one side..then work the other side in the same exact fashion
(you’ll get the hang of this…seems harder than it really is)
STRATEGY: You’ll know how many strips you need each way based on the size of your rectangle Beef from above….bacon should be a little wider/longs than it (as it you’ll want it to cover it completely).
9. Bake at 375 for about 40 minutes, covered….10 additional minutes, uncovered.
This was a BIG hit today! We had this with sides of Sweet Potato Fries and Bakes Japanese Pumpkin Chips! We gathered to watch the Saints/Falcons game (great rivalry game that went into OT!) and this was a GREAT meal and side-snacks for the game. If you’re thinking of hosting a fight-party, BCS Bowl Game party, or perhaps a Super Bowl party….I HIGHLY suggest Paleo Bacon Explosion!!
The chef’s, hard at work today!