So, if you don’t already know – I have been trying to stay on a Paleo lifestyle with my diet.
The modern dietary regimen known as the Paleolithic diet (abbreviated paleo diet or paleodiet), also popularly referred to as the caveman diet, Stone Age diet and hunter-gatherer diet, is a nutritional plan based on the presumed ancient diet of wild plants and animals that various human species habitually consumed during the Paleolithic era—a period of about 2.5 million years duration that ended around 10,000 years ago with the development of agriculture.
I’m fairly new to the lifestyle and still have moments when I steer off course. So, I’m certainly still learning my way through. I recommend it to everyone I even talk about nutrition with. I’m about 1 1/2 months in – and I’ve been feeling INCREDIBLE – weight has been going down and phsyic has been trimming down incredibly. So, here’s a Paleo-friendly meal that I prepared tonight:
“SoG Cracklin Chicken” by way of Son of Grok:
– Chicken tenders or breasts– Egg (white and yolk mixed)
– Crushed Pork Crackling or Pork Rinds. You can either collect all the crumbs that are left over from your normal stash or crush some up on purpose.
- 2 Lb of sweet potatoes cut in large wedges. You can leave the skin on or peal it, I prefer to leave it on.
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 2-3 teaspoons or your favorite fresh or dried herb (i used: thyme)
3. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until cooked.
2. Roast to sweet potato fries for about 20 minutes @ 425 F