A very common ‘TUFF love’ conversation I have with people now:
Person 1: “How do I lose weight/get-in-shape?”
Person 1: “Pale-what? What is that? What do I have to do”
Me: (give the elevator pitch on what the diet/lifestyle encompasses, the background, the food you should eat and the food you shouldn’t)…can be found HERE and HERE and HERE.
Me: ”OK, come to me when you are actually readythen”
People…please remember: IF YOU KEEP DOING WHATYOU’RE DOING, YOU’LL GET WHAT YOU GOT...
So, here’s your shot of tuff-love:
- Are you happy with how you look? Do you think if you went to the beach today, you’d be comfortable with yourself?
- Ok, maybe it’s not just about your looks (and trust me, it’s NOT!): If someone was trying to snatch your purse on the street…do you feel comfortable that you’d be able to run away without falling over from exhaustion? If you run around playing soccer/basketball/football outside with your kids, could you keep up without needing a ‘time out’ for being winded?
- OK, let’s make this even simpler: Want to BE HEALTHIER?!
Well, in order to avoid ‘getting what you’ve got’….time to stop ‘doing what you’ve been doing’!
Even if you had some harsh diet fad and it’s gotten you to ideal weight before that wedding or vacation – if you couldn’t sustain that weight/size/look because you “fell off the wagon” of the diet…then perhaps that diet wasn’t fit to become a LIFESTYLE CHANGE. I encourage you to try the Paleo diet….as a diet…for 30 days, strict. Then you can re-introduce some items back to your lifestyle on a 80/20 plan (80% Paleo, 20% ‘cheat’)….but the responsibility is ON YOU!….YOU are what can make this 80/20 PaleoLifestyle remain….you, alone. YOU are the one that prevents it from slipping to 60/40.. then 40/60…then, not at all. And you’re stuck back in the same place you started: unhappy with your look, unhappy with your condition, unhappy with your health.
Make the lifestyle change that you truly want for yourself…go Paleo…become a success story! Become an encouragement for one of your friends/co-workers/family members….you never know who is out there needing someone to encourage and motivate them! You may be that person for someone else.
- Continue educating yourself on Paleo (use the links I provided).
- Look yourself in the mirror and commit to yourself to do this!
- Tell everyone you know that you’re doing it – post it on your Facebook/Twitter/Google+/etc.
- Put the spotlight on yourself!
- Take a “day 1” photo (you don’t have to make it public…but you will want it in 30 days, to compare!…trust me..the scale will lie to you…even your eyes will lie to you!).
- Download this QUICK START PDF (HERE).
- Get off your ass….and start bettering your life TODAY!